Performance Optimisation & Team Development
21 – 27 November 2019
3 – 7 April 2020
Don’t see a course or dates that suit your group? Send us an e-mail with the proposed course, dates and location and we will get back to you.*
*- Only in case you are 6 or more persons from the same organisation.
This 5-day training programme introduces participants to performance optimisation, team development and how benchmarking can be used to measure and review performance. Through a series of practical steps participants will be encouraged to look at their current teams, how they operate and how could they be optimised.
Participants will learn how to diagnose common performance issues, put in place pre-determined procedures that can identify these issues and implement solutions to maintain peak performance of the team or project.
During the training programme participants will be introduced to a number of techniques, challenges and personal experiences as they build up a comprehensive picture of how an effective team operates.
The training programme is structured and delivered with the focus on four elements that are critical to maximising performance:
Leading Self– helping to change your own personal behaviours and triggers, to move from feeling of burned out or “treadingwater” to peak personal performance.
Leading Others– explaining how an effective leader can bring this level of engagement to their team and organisation, enabling them to create an environment of not only peak performance but also happiness, individual learning and support.
Leading Teams– understanding the conditions for effective team collaboration, smarter goal setting and effective communication. Demonstrating how we can construct the right internal and external enabling conditions to allow teams to develop peak performance.
Benchmarks– Identifying the data that is needed to show performance optimisation. Looking at what, where and how this data should be collated and measured and how you can effectively review and implement modifications to boost performance based on this data.
The programme encompasses a wide range of engaging and practical tools includingRole-playing, Assessment techniques, Inspirations, Case Studies, Empowerment, Team Building, Evaluation and Feedback Methodologies.
Participants will learn how to optimise their performance and the performance of their teams. They will be able to help their students to develop their own roles within the team by understanding the concept of leading yourself, leading others and leading tasks. Participants will understand what makes an effective team and what are the enabling conditions that lead to the team performing at its optimum level.
The performance optimisation and team development Training Programme has been specifically designed for all who work as organisation or project leaders looking to improve their organisation’s or team’s impact, relationships and performance through performance optimisation.
- Introduction and plan for the week.
- What is performance optimisation?
- How teams work.
- Building a framework to develop your organisation’s or team’s performance optimisation strategy.
Leading Self, Leading Others, Leading Tasks
- Leading Self / Leading Others / Leading the Task.
- Strengths and weaknesses for effective leadership.
Developing the Team, Team Effectiveness.
- Building the team, identifying roles and responsibilities.
- Team Effectiveness and how the right conditions are critical in effective team development.
Enabling Conditions & Benchmarking
- What makes a good team?
- Team goals, direction, structure, resources and mindset.
- Change and change management.
- Measurements for success.
- Gather and how to monitor data that you need.
- Review and modify your strategy against your benchmarks to maintain optimal performance.
Making it work
- Get Organisational Buy-in.
- Develop skills that allow for greater buy-in, motivation and rewards.
Pitching and Presenting Skills
- Tools and frameworks designed to enhance your pitching and presentation skills.
- Participants produce and present a pitch.
The Week in Review
- We will go over some of the topics we discussed by reviewing the learning and planning for the future.
PRACTICAL OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES
These all take place at the local sites:
- Glendalough, Visitors Centre and walk in the Wicklow National Park
- Wicklow Coastal Walk Area
- Glenmalure Valley
- Local cultural Centres
CEO, Centre for Creative Practices andArtConnected
Entrepreneur and Innovator with 25 years of work experience as CEO, Manager, Mentor, Educator and Cultural Leader.Regular guest speaker and lecturer at conferences, in higher education institutions and for the media in Europe and in Ireland that include University Business Forum in San Sebastian; Creative Business Cup in Copenhagen, University of Pecs, Hungary, Trinity College Dublin, University College Dublin and Dublin Institute of Technology.
Co-Founder and CEO of Centre for Creative Practices and Creative Entrepreneurs Academy. Founder & CEO of ArtConnected – a SaaS that matches European Creative Opportunities with Talent. Main Awardee of the Arthur Guinness Fund for Social Entrepreneurs in 2012 and recipient of the Merit to Polish Culture awarded by the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage of the Republic of Poland.
Monika has studied various aspects of organisational, community and embodied leadership since 2007 and has completed renowned Leadership training with INSEAD and Potentialife.
Head of Entrepreneurship, Creative and Artistic Entrepreneurs Academy
Senior manager and entrepreneur and social entrepreneur with over 25 years of experience in the Creative and Technology Sectors; working with Local Government, Local Enterprise Offices, Universities, Businesses and Community Groups throughout Ireland auditing and engaging the artistic and creative community within specific geographic regions. Keynote speaker at European conferences including University-Business Forum.
Currently, Ian is working on advising and designing sustainable projects that utilise art and creativity as the main driver to effect sustainable economic and social change. He also teaches and mentors artistic and creative entrepreneurship training to adult learners and undergraduate students.
Ian teaches Creative Thinking, International Management, International Relations, Team Development and Entrepreneurship at Postgraduate and undergraduate level at The Innovation Academy, TCD; NorthEastern University, US; Champlain College, Dublin; and CIEE, Dublin. He regularly teaches on the Creative Entrepreneurs Academy Erasmus+ programme.
BENEFITS FOR THE PARTICIPANTS
Participants will learn:
- How to implement and hone their leadership skills.
- How to optimise their own performance.
- How to optimise the performance of their teams.
- What are the enabling conditions that lead to the team performing at its optimum level.
- Understand what makes an effective team.
- Helping their students to develop their own roles within the team.
- Understand the concept of leading yourself, leading others and leading tasks.
- How to devise and work with a set of benchmarks.
Along with the above participants will also:
- Improve both their skills as well as employability.
- Learn techniques how to creatively deal with failures and mistakes.
- Improve their foreign language competences.
- Expand their professional and personal European network reinforcing European cooperation, reflecting and exchanging in a European and global context.
THIS COURSE IS FOR
Leaders; Entrepreneurs; SME Owners; Managers; Freelancers; Teams; Teachers; Remote workers; Cultural and Creative organisations and business owners, and practitioners; Social Entrepreneurs; Community, NGO and Not-for-profit Leaders; Migrant Leaders; and Local Government officials.
- Europass Mobility Certificate
- Certificate of Obtained Competences
- Certificate of Completion
WE ALSO RUN TRAINING PROGRAMMES FOR
The Old Milking Parlour
Ballymurrin Lower, Kilbride
Wicklow, Ireland, A67TK64
Still have questions?
We'd love to hear from you so please send us your feedback!
Copyright © 2017 Creative Entrepreneurs Academy