Creative Thinking, Innovation & Business Model Development
for Organisation and Project Leaders
7 – 11 February 2020
22 – 26 May 2020
20 – 24 October 2020
Don’t see a course or dates that suit your group? Send us an e-mail with the proposed course, dates and location and we will get back to you.*
*- Only in case you are 6 or more persons from the same organisation.
Participants will be introduced to a number of tools like mapping ideas, environmental stimuli, business models, and benchmarking.
We will look at a three-stage work-flow taking us from idea generation, through to validating the idea and testing.
Idea generation– divergent and convergent thinking
- Identifying new ideas and their critical validation.
- Developing a specific set of criteria to test ideas based on the desired outcomes.
Idea validation – how the generated ideas fit the specified criteria.
- Setting measurement techniques depending on the stated outcomes and accepted tolerances to identify success or failure.
- Further investigation of testing methodologies.
Testing the idea – determining the viability of the ideas.
- Learning how to test ideas quickly through small, fast experiments without drowning in a sea of data but addressing the problem / solution fit, scale, market and cost.
- Learning how to adapt or modify ideas.
Through practical exercises, field trips and workshops in different environmental situations participants will experience how factors that can and cannot be controlled affect the ideation and testing phase.
Participants will also understand the concept of leading yourself, leading others and leading tasks. Participants will learn what are the enabling conditions that lead to effective team development and collaboration.
The Week in Review – Review session seeing how the whole process works and how we can move to the next step.
PRACTICAL OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES
- Glendalough, Visitors Centre and walk in the Wicklow National Park
- Wicklow Coastal Walk Area
- Glenmalure Valley
- Local cultural Centres
CEO, Centre for Creative Practices andArtConnected
Co-Founder and CEO of Centre for Creative Practices and Creative Entrepreneurs Academy. Founder & CEO of ArtConnected – a SaaS that matches European Creative Opportunities with Talent. Main Awardee of the Arthur Guinness Fund for Social Entrepreneurs in 2012 and recipient of the Merit to Polish Culture awarded by the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage of the Republic of Poland.
Monika has studied various aspects of organisational, community and embodied leadership since 2007 and has completed renowned Leadership training with INSEAD and Potentialife.
Head of Entrepreneurship, Creative and Artistic Entrepreneurs Academy
Currently, Ian is working on advising and designing sustainable projects that utilise art and creativity as the main driver to effect sustainable economic and social change. He also teaches and mentors artistic and creative entrepreneurship training to adult learners and undergraduate students.
Ian teaches Creative Thinking, International Management, International Relations, Team Development and Entrepreneurship at Postgraduate and undergraduate level at The Innovation Academy, TCD; NorthEastern University, US; Champlain College, Dublin; and CIEE, Dublin. He regularly teaches on the Creative Entrepreneurs Academy Erasmus+ programme.
BENEFITS FOR THE PARTICIPANTS
- the ability to use three ideation techniques.
- the ability to define sets of metrics to examine the feasibility of their ideas.
- the use of divergent thinking techniques to gather ideas.
- the use of convergent thinking techniques to refine ideas based on set metrics.
- how different stimuli can affect the ideation process.
- how to perform research on chosen ideas.
- how to test ideas in a real-world environment.
Along with the above participants will also:
- improve both their skills as well as employability.
- learn techniques how to creatively deal with failures and mistakes that are part of innovation.
- improve their foreign language competences.
- expand their professional and personal European network reinforcing European cooperation, reflecting and exchanging in a European and global context.z
THIS COURSE IS FOR
- Europass Mobility Certificate
- Certificate of Obtained Competences
- Certificate of Completion
WE ALSO RUN TRAINING PROGRAMMES FOR
The Old Milking Parlour
Ballymurrin Lower, Kilbride
Wicklow, Ireland, A67TK64
Still have questions?
We'd love to hear from you so please send us your feedback!
Copyright © 2017 Creative Entrepreneurs Academy